This CPD course looks at the fundamentals of kettlebells.
If you are looking to use Kettlebells in your Personal Trainings sessions or classes then the kettlebell fundamentals is the one for you. We will teach you to deliver the exercises with perfect technique safely. The course will cover a large range of exercises that will really add quality to your sessions and make you stand out from the crowd.
What will you learn?
This qualification is aimed at qualified Level 2 Fitness instructors and Level 3 Personal trainers wishing to acquire the additional knowledge and competencies required to plan and deliver safe and effective kettlebell exercises and training sessions.
Knowledge and understanding relating to the qualification:
• The history and origins of kettlebell training
• The benefits of using kettlebells
• Health and safety considerations for kettlebell training
• How to incorporate kettlebell training into resistance sessions
Skills relating to the qualification:
• How to prepare and planing Kettlebell sessions and instruct kettlebell exercises
• Effective communication skills
A suitable Level 2 in Fitness Instruction and/or Training qualification. Some experience of kettlebell work would be useful. There is an element of communication (discussing, presenting, reading and writing) involved and learners should have basic skills in communication pitched at level 2.
Why is this course for me?
A mix of theory and practical and can be done from the comfort of your own home. All you will require is a Kettlebell and a partner.
What do I need to sign up?
You will require a Kettlebell and a partner/client.
How will I be assessed?
You will have access to your own e-learning portal where you will go through the Theory aspects covered above as we as the Learner Achievement Portfolio (LAP) that will be submitted to Gareth. Once you have completed this there will be a practical assessment which you would have planned in your LAP to perform for assessment via Video recording where you require your partner. Specific guidelines will be sent to you in preparation for your practical assessment.
- Completion of the E-learning portal
- Completion of the E-learning portal review questions
- Completion and submission of Learner Achievement File
- Submission of Video Practical Assessment